Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Background

Mom hadn't been feeling well all week. She was tired, nauseas, and generally felt like she had the flu. On Friday she had lunch with her friend Darlene and by the end of the lunch, she was feeling pretty awful. She went home to rest. By the time Dave arrived home from work, mom wasn't able to get out of bed. The pain was so intense she couldn't move. By 1:00 am things were progressing downhill quickly, with both pain and vomitting. By 4 am, Dave was insisting that mom go the the ER.

I am still struggling with how this has happened so quickly. Two weeks ago, mom and I were in Mankato attending a mystery dinner theater fund raising event. A few days later she bought tickets to the show "My Fair Lady" for her and I to go to for my upcoming 39th birthday. And now she has cancer. Is that even possible?

Apparently it is.

No comments: