Friday, May 30, 2008

Forever

Dave's brother, Don, wrote this poem for Dave and my mom. As this is mom and Dave's 8 year wedding anniversary, it seemed appropriate to publish it here. Thank you Don for this beautiful gift.

---------------------------------

Forever
by Don Rath Jr.

I remember you telling me once
That life turns on a dime
That if I did nothing at all
I should love all the time.

Today I learned the truth of that
Certain as it can be
How it’s you and me forever
For all the world to see.

In my life I’ve known of sorrow
The pain of loss in life
It is sadness and the tears
I weep for the loss of my wife.

In my darkest hour I shall pray
Even into the night
When they have all gone home
With you my life is right.

So in love is where I will stay
In my heart, in my head
Forever I’ll hold on
Reliving the day we wed.

Forever and ever
that is where we live
Down deep inside our heart
It’s only the love that we give.

Never ever to part
Forever and ever I
will hold you near
The warmth of your heart.

The life that we have lived
Right from the very start
Forever yes forever I will love you
Forever yes forever I will love you
Forever oh yes forever I will always love you
Forever always forever my love.

Copyright © 2008 Don Rath Jr.

No comments: